Monday, February 24, 2014

Charleston

More in depth/ Charleston, SC 

Who/Where I stayed in Charleston:
 
Kyleen Welch's new place with her dog Claude near Hampton park!
 
Mustafa Walker's bus house. And used the Kennelworth Mansion for the kitchen and bathroom facilities.
Awesome school bus parked near my friends house with a cozy space heater, tea, movies and strategic board games with plenty of room to accommodate people for hanging out and a convert-able couch bed for sleeping over.

While visiting Kennelworth I met Zach and Schroder, who had just moved from BUFFALO, NY!
I had actually seen their band at the Vault in Buffalo, before they moved to Charleston.

Here is some of Zach's  solo music:


Also, my old friend/ up stairs roomie Kane Nailor, from my first apt. in Charleston was renting a room there.
 
My childhood partner in crime Kirby Platt's place which was litearlly a block away from the bus.
While there I made new friends with her awesome roomates Brian and Filip.
 
I especially gravitated to Filip. He is the most hyper, audacious, and un-pc gay black man I have ever met. I laughed hysterically every time I was around him. Despite his super goof ball antics he is very genuine. He gave me some of his art, cut the split ends out of my hair (he works at a salon), we made food together and went on some bike rides.

Grace Barns near East Central's somewhat industrial areas.
 
Moe the MathMagician from couchsurfing had a guest room.  I met him at a potluck and he ended up knowing my friend Preston Bernstein.

Cammie Amacher's condo (super fresh) that she literally just bought off of Savannah hwy in West Ashley. While she was working she let me drive her car 2x to go see my parents. I am super greatful!!

While taking bike trips to Cammie's house on the green way.... I met two awesome Earthfare employees. Crosby, a street artist and beer snob who used to live in Rochester, NY.  Brian, a super genuine guy who had a sweet touring bike, who within a 20min conversation game me a bible and told me a story story about how he "walked for Jesus".


I am quite satisfied that I got to meet interesting new people and get closer to some old friends while on this trip.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment