Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Erie Pennsylvania

Buffalo NY is a short drive to Erie PA. 90some miles.
My Grandma Jeanette and my mom live there. Born & Raised.

These are from Presque Isle:


Luckily a guy that I work with at the warehouse as well as a lady I work with in catering both have family that they visit there. So between the two of them I am able to catch a ride and visit my family in Erie, PA.

A few weeks ago, the weather was nice so I rode my bicycle part of the way back. My mom dropped me off in Dunkirk and I rode the rest of the 50mi along lake Erie (Buffalo rd. or route 5) to Buffalo.

This is my moms friend Barbie. They have known eachother since high school:






If you
would like to 
view 
previous photos 
from Erie, PA 
in January 2010 
they are here 
on my facebook. 





So far I have visited my family two times, each for three days.

The first time I visited Erie this year was on Labor day. I got to go out to my oldest Uncle Josephs cottage in Findley Lake, NY. I had not seen him in at least 10years. And I met my Aunt Janice for the first time! 
My Uncle Joseph makes origami; I believe it must be one of his favorite hobbies. Next time I go, I will take some photos of the stuff he has made.

Each time I have visited, I went to church with my grandma on Sunday. We go to two services, first the sunday school that takes place during the contemporary praise and worship. Than we go to the main church for the traditional service. Sunday school consists of around 15 people over the age of 60 sitting around a table and reading and talking about a lesson plan. My grandma, of course, had to brag about me to the rest of the group, which embarrassed me. She told everyone how I went on a bike adventure so people where questioning me for quite awile before and after the lesson plan. Some of the elderly folks that I met where really laid back and open minded, which was definitely a positive thing for me to see. This one couple I met recently went to Albuquerque, New Mexico for a hot air balloon spectacle. Now, if the timing is right I plan to go next year!! HERE

Since I am on the topic of Church. Here is a fancy mural I saw on my bike ride back Dunkirk to Buffalo.
As well as a cool flag I saw in a Presbyterian Church I visited one Sunday in Buffalo.








No comments:

Post a Comment